- 20 g Egg YolkGet free-range eggs to make your ice cream truly bright and yellow
- 200 g Goat MilkThis type of milk provides more fat necessary for such a dessert, but you may substitute it with regular whole milk (its butterfat should be around 3.25 percent)
- 10 g SpearmintIts leaves are used purely for decoration, you may make them even more elegant by dusting with confectioners’ sugar
- 100 g StrawberriesOther berries may enhance this basic ice cream too, but strawberries feel like classics
- 100 g SugarRegular white one is absolutely fine, as the brown sugar will make your ice cream slightly darker, and that’s not always desirable
Making your own gelato isn’t so challenging, but the homemade ice cream requires some time. You should try making it and you won’t regret that you had some patience. That’s the basic recipe, so you may improve it with any optional components once you learn the essentials.
Start with placing the bowl of your ice cream machine into the freezer. It should spend there at least four hours in order to provide enough cold for your ice cream mass when it’s being mixed. Why is it important? The fast decrease of the temperature is essential when making any ice creams, otherwise they may crystallize.
Once your ice cream machine bowl is cold enough, measure all the ingredients to make your cooking as fast as possible. Carefully wash an egg, leave this process for strawberries and mint leaves for later, as you’ll have to wait several hours before serving your ice cream. Actual steps won’t take too much time, especially in comparison to the preparation time.
Turn on the ice cream machine for 20 minutes, so the mass will have some time to get properly mixed and refrigerated. If you want to have some additions like nuts, raisins or bits of chocolate, you should add them in five minutes before the end, so they will be evenly distributed within your homemade ice cream.